We encourage strategies to improve the development of rural and regional Victoria to create jobs, increase tourism, improve public transport and enhance the standard of living.
We will continue to push for:
- Improved synchronisation and reliability of public transport;
- Increasing the bus network in rural and regional Victoria;
- Additional social and affordable housing;
- Bike lane and traffic signal infrastructure in regional cities;
- Implementing and improving electric vehicle infrastructure;
- Additional public transport services in Rural and Regional Victoria, including extending hours outside of business hours;
- A safer and fair CPV and taxi industry in regional and rural Victoria.
In addition, we also support:
- Improved regional rail tracks and station upgrades;
- Improved bushfire services, shelters and support services;
- Funding for rural and regional tourism;
- Maintaining historical train lines such as the Bellarine and Walhalla Goldfields Railway;
- Additional social services such as mental health nurses, drug and alcohol support workers and domestic violence services to help Victoria families, couples and individuals.
We support the following Victoria’s Big Build projects:
- $1.75 billion Regional rail Revival package;
- Connecting Melbourne Airport to regional rail lines;
- Faster high-capacity rail for regional cities;
- Murray-Basin Rail Project.