Metropolitan Victoria are growing at an unprecedented rate. The Eastern Metropolitan region is expected to have a total population of 1.36million by 2050. It is important that as metropolitan Victoria grows that the standard of liveability increases.
We believe that:
- High density residential developments put a strain on existing local infrastructure;
- Land developers of high-density establishments should contribute to local infrastructure improvements to meet increase demand;
- Urban developments must accommodate bus lanes and bicycle paths in their designs;
- Increased public transport options to reduce road congestion;
- Green infrastructure should be included into urban developments to increase our environmental sustainability as well as our mental and physical wellbeing.