As a community we have a responsibility to look after our environment. We believe that improving our public transport system is one way we can make our day to day life more sustainable.
To create a future for Victoria, we believe we must take appropriate steps towards saving our environment.
It is for this reason that we support the implementation of solar and wind farms as well as hydro power; such as the implementation of largest engineering project, Snowy Hydro, under the Snowy Mountains Hydroelectric Scheme in New South Wales. In addition, over the next few years we will no doubt see more cars become electric, autonomous and energy efficient, and it is important that we all jump onboard.
Every step we take towards saving the environment is essential for our health and wellbeing.
Our priorities are:
- Reducing greenhouse gases and emissions;
- Increased park lands and wetlands in suburban areas;
- Reducing road congestion;
- Improving public transport infrastructure;
- Wind and solar farms;
- Improving Bicycle infrastructure;
- Encouraging the implementation of electric and hybrid buses, taxis and cars;
- Heavy Rail system improvements;
- Regional Victoria infrastructure;
- Improved waste management and increased recycling capabilities of Victorian facilities.
In addition to this, we support:
- Protection of wildlife and habitat;
- Green hubs to support local biodiversity;
- Sustainable farming;
- Preventing animal cruelty;
- Research into the management of state forests and parklands in order to prevent bushfires;
- Reducing reliance on plastics and non-recyclable materials where possible.