Commercial Passenger Vehicle Reforms Review – the work starts now
In November 2019 I welcomed 13 recommendations tabled by the Economy & Infrastructure Committee in Parliament that create an opportunity to repair the past and pave the way for a viable and sustainable future for Victoria’s Commercial Passenger Vehicle industry.
Just getting an inquiry into the 2017 reforms was an achievement in itself, but the hard work starts now as I work with the Government and Ministers to make sure that all of these recommendations are implemented in full.
The Government is required to respond to the report within six months of tabling in Parliament – watch this space.
View the tabling of the CPV Inquiry report in the Legislative Council this week.
This is why I was elected to Parliament, to represent the Taxi and Hire Car industry and get some answers, and hopefully, resolution for those effected.
I also want to use this opportunity to find ways we can move the whole industry forward, making it better for all commercial passenger vehicle drivers and operators.
I want to thank everyone who went through the process of making a submission on this inquiry – the committee received 315 submissions. I also want to thank those that appeared before the committee in the public hearings, and those who followed the process and watched online.
I understand for many this was a very difficult and emotional process. However, it was an important factor in helping the committee understands the huge impact – emotional and financial – that the legislative changes have had on the industry.
Public hearings for the Parliamentary inquiry on the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Reforms are broadcast live on the Parliament of Victoria website.
Transcripts of the hearings are available here.
Use the links below to view the video of hearings:
- State Revenue Office – 28 August 2019 – video
- Department of Transport & Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria – 28 August 2019 – video
- 13CABS – 31 July 2019 – transcript
- Uber – 31 July 2019 – transcript
- Melbourne Airport – 31 July 2019 – transcript – responses
- WEStjustice – 31 July 2019 – transcript
- Transport Workers Union – 31 July 2019 – transcript–presentation
- Commercial Passenger Vehicle Association of Australia – 31 July 2019 – transcript –video
- Ride Share Drivers United – 31 July 2019 – transcript