Commercial Passenger Vehicle Reforms – Tell Your Story!
Public hearings for the Parliamentary inquiry on the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Reforms are broadcast live on the Parliament of Victoria website.
Transcripts of the hearings are available here.
Use the links below to view the video of hearings:
- State Revenue Office – 28 August 2019 – video
- Department of Transport & Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria – 28 August 2019 – video
- 13CABS – 31 July 2019 – transcript
- Uber – 31 July 2019 – transcript
- Melbourne Airport – 31 July 2019 – transcript – responses
- WEStjustice – 31 July 2019 – transcript
- Transport Workers Union – 31 July 2019 – transcript–presentation
- Commercial Passenger Vehicle Association of Australia – 31 July 2019 – transcript –video
- Ride Share Drivers United – 31 July 2019 – transcript
Submissions to the Parliamentary Inquiry on the Commercial Passenger Vehicle reforms have now closed and the committee will now go through the process of public hearings and consideration of over 300 submissions received. The committee will deliver its recommendations to government by 30 November 2019.
This is why I was elected to Parliament, to represent the Taxi and Hire Car industry and get some answers, and hopefully, resolution for those effected.
I also want to use this opportunity to find ways we can move the whole industry forward, making it better for all commercial passenger vehicle drivers and operators.
I want to thank everyone who went through the process of making a submission on this inquiry. I understand for many this was a very difficult and emotional process. However, I feel it’s very important that the committee understands the huge impact – emotional and financial – that the legislative changes had on the industry.
This inquiry may be the taxi and hire car industry’s last opportunity to be formally heard on this issue. It is very important that the committee is provided with all the information about the ramifications of the reforms.