The forecast is pretty rough for all small businesses, and taxis, hire cars and rideshare driver are at the coal face, transporting arrivals from the airport and our most vulnerable and elderly citizens who choose to self isolate to protect themselves during the Covid-19 crisis.
If your income has been effected you’re entitled to support. We’ve put together an action plan to help the commercial passenger vehicle drivers and operators…
My office is working closely with industry association Transport Alliance Australia who are keeping their members updated with business assistance information in each state and federally. Visit their website at https://bit.ly/TAA-Covid19
The Business Victoria website also has practical advice on business continuity panning during Covid-19 and may have some information relevant to you. See https://bit.ly/33DIKbP
- Contact your vehicle leasing agent and request to suspend all repayments for 3 – 6 months.
- Contact your affiliated booking service provider and request an immediate discount on your monthly network fees and trip-based commissions.
- Contact your lending institution and request a reprieve on all mortgage repayments.
- If you rent your home, contact your agent and request a stop on all rental payments – landlords may be able to have mortgage repayments suspended for a period, the benefit of which should be passed on to the tenants.
- Work with your accountant to review the Australian government stimulus package for business cash flow to check your eligibility – https://bit.ly/2U3GRjR
- Call the ATO’s Emergency Support Infoline (1800 806 218) or your accountant to discuss tax relief options, variation of instalments or deferral of tax payments for GST, PAYG, income tax.
- Call Business Victoria on their dedicated business hotline 13 22 15 for advice and support for businesses during the pandemic.
- Go to Centrelink and check your entitlements for government assistance payments – family benefits, Newstart Allowance.
- Review your general insurance policies for any Business Interruption Insurance inclusions.
- Contact your utility providers – water, electricity, gas, phone and mobile seeking relief from payments or to discuss payment plan options
Most of all stay positive, we are all in this together. Look after yourself, your family and your neighbours. Together we will find a way through these hard times.
Follow my facebook page for regular updates.
Links for your reference
* Federal Small Business Support – https://business.gov.au/…/coronavirus-information-and…
* Australian Tax Office – 1800 806 218 – https://www.ato.gov.au/…/Specific-disasters/COVID-19/
* Business Victoria – 13 22 15 – https://www.business.vic.gov.au/…/coronavirus-business…
* Centrelink – register your intent to claim and all payments will be backdated – https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/…/affected…
* If you feel unwell call the COVID-19 HOTLINE on 1800 675 398 or visit http://coronavirus.vic.gov.au/